Deca durabolin Nandrolone, also known as 19-nortestosterone, is an androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS) which is used in the form of esters such as nandrolone decanoate (brand name Deca Durabolin) and nandrolone phenylpropionate (brand name Durabolin).Nandrolone esters are used in the treatment of anemias, cachexia (wasting syndrome), osteoporosis, breast cancer, and for other indications. They are not used by mouth and instead are given by injection into muscle or fat
What Deca Durabolin is used for
Deca-Durabolin is a clear yellow oily solution for injection containing 50 mg/ml of the active ingredient nandrolone decanoate.
It is used to treat:
- osteoporosis (loss of bone tissue)
- certain types of anaemia
- breast cancer (in women)
- patients on long term corticosteroids.
It belongs to a group of medicines known as anabolic steroids.
These medicines help to rebuild tissues that have become weak because of continuing illness or serious injury. Deca-Durabolin can be used to increase lean body mass in the case of negative nitrogen balance. It can also be used to increase bone mass and stimulate the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about Deca-Durabolin?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high calcium levels like weakness, confusion, feeling tired, headache, upset stomach and throwing up, constipation, or bone pain.
- Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
- For women, no period.
- For females, a deep voice, facial hair, pimples, or period changes.
- More interest in sex.
- For males, erections (hard penis) that happen often or that last a long time.
- Shortness of breath, a big weight gain, or swelling in the arms or legs.
- Very bad headache.